The Cooperative Institute for Ocean Exploration, Research and Technology (CIOERT) explores the nation’s ocean frontiers through innovative science and cutting-edge technologies. CIOERT is sponsored by NOAA’s Office of Ocean Exploration and Research.
The CIOERT vision is to transform the way we explore the ocean and transition our results to breakthrough products and technology.
The CIOERT mission is to apply disciplined innovation to continually improve, extend, and fortify NOAA’s exploration, research, and operational capabilities.
Staff & Primary Investigators
- Research Professor: Director of CIOERT at HBOI-FAU 2008-2018
- Assistant Research Professor; Current Director, CIOERT HBOI-FAU
- Executive Principal; MARBIONC Director CIOERT at UNCW
- Research Professor; Education Director HBOI-FAU
- Research Professor; Principal Investigator for Deep-water and Mesophotic Coral Reef Program, CIOERT HBOI-FAU
- Principal Investigator; Marine Biomedical and Biotechnology Research, CIOERT HBOI-FAU
- Research Professor, CIOERT HBOI-FAU
- Professor of Biology and Marine Biology, UNCW
- Associate Research Professor, CIOERT HBOI-FAU
- Assistant Research Professor, CIOERT HBOI-FAU
Ocean Science for a Better World.
Exploring and Researching the Frontier Regions of the Eastern U.S.
Cooperative Institute for Marine and Atmospheric Studies
We invent products and solutions that change the world
CIOERT supports visionary expeditionary science in our research theme areas. Explore with us!